Spell is considered a leader within the female fashion industry, with a distinct and considered connection to the community Spell chooses to operate with best practice, from Ethics & Sustainability, our Supply Chain, through to our Internal Operations. We seek to inspire and innovate in all that we do.
We have an exciting opportunity in our technical design team for a highly motivated and collaborative full-time Garment Technician that will be reporting to our Technical and QA Manager.
In this role, you will support and assist the Design and Production Team to turn design concepts into production garments. You will manage collections each season from design handover through to production sign-off.
- Ensuring handover sheets are translated in the clearest way possible into Tech Packs for factories.
- Establish strong relationship with factories to ensure timelines and product requirements are met
- Conduct fittings with the Designers to ensure accuracy of brief and optimisation of margin
- Advising design team of timelines and cost when making design changes
- Ensuring print placements, borders or artworks are considered at 1st sample stage to ensure they are workable and prints are set up in the most cost-effective layout to reduce costs and wastage
- Ensuring your styles/stories are sitting within the matrix/RRP requirements for each season
- Communicating all necessary comments in regard to alterations of fits, trims, fabric, construction, whilst maintaining CP dates
- Ensuring that you maintain sustainable or organic options in regards to trims and materials with factories when necessary
- Keeping up to date with design concepts/trends/construction and new technologies
- Ensuring production samples reflect the design and fit in the lookbooks
- Sending graded spec sheets and bulk comments to ensure production can be completed on time and all relevant information is passed onto the production team
- Managing fit room and keeping ranges in place, ensuring the most up-to-date proto is available
- Logging all samples that are borrowed and ensuring they are returned
- Receive, measure, QC and approved or reject shipping samples – Communicate with factory how to correct or fix Shipping samples before release
- Check and approve or comment on, or reject bulk fabric & trim swatches
- Work with customer care, warehouse, to repair returned garments
- Checking bulk production in warehouse and in store to ensure quality
- Keeping the tech space tidy and safe
- Minimising fabric waste
- Excellent time management skills to adhere to strict timelines
- Internal and external stakeholder management
- Pattern/garment construction knowledge, across multiple categories/disciplines
- Strong attention to detail
- Work well under pressure
- Highly motivated
- Excellent computer skills, Office, Excel, Illustrator
- Excellent communication skills - with international suppliers, within the Spell teams as well as individuals
- Pattern-making knowledge/3D Design
- Understanding and interest in sustainability developments within the fashion industry.
- Clothing allowance and generous staff discounts
- Flexible and supportive work environment
- Beautiful Byron Bay location
- Finish at 3pm on Fridays
You are a highly detail-oriented team player with a love of learning. You will come from a similar Garment tech role in womenswear apparel across all categories – and have strong garment construction/tech pack knowledge.
HOW TO APPLY FOR THIS ROLE
Please apply directly to our HR Team by sending your applications via our careers email at firstname.lastname@example.org for further information on the role please refer to our website https://aus.spell.co/pages/careers
At Spell our vision is to inspire, beautifully - in harmony with people and planet and we are committed to providing Equal Employment Opportunity for all.